15 Words That Have Hard Meanings
1. Flabbergasted - To overcome with surprise and bewilderment; astound.
4. Agriculture - The science, art, or occupation concerned with cultivating land, raising crops, and feeding, breeding, and raising livestock; farming.
5. Rumbustious - an extraordinary or unusual thing, person, or event; an exceptional example or instance.
6. Embankment – a bank, mound, dike, or the like, raised to hold back water, carry a roadway, etc.
7. Emasculate - to deprive of strength or vigor; weaken.
8. Tomfollery – is playful behavior, usually of a rather silly, noisy, or rough kind.
9. Postmortem – is a medical examination of a dead person’s body to find out how they died.
10. Exuberant – full of energy , excitement, and cheerfulness.
11. Febrile – is intensely and nervously active.
12. Genocide – is the deliberate murder of a whole community or race.
13. Intricacy – is the state of being made up of many small parts or details.
14. majorette – is one of a group of girls or young women who march at the front of a musical band in a procession.
15. maisonette – is a flat with its own door to the outside, which it does not share with other flats in the same building.
Popular, well-liked, admired, accepted, trendy