Spelling Term Two Week 1
1. Contemptuous - Showing or expressing contempt or disdain; scornful.
Synonyms: Disdainful, disapproving, scornful, condescending, and sneering.
2. Clairvoyant - having or claiming to have the power of seeing objects or actions beyond the range of natural vision.
Synonyms: psychic, telepathic, prescient, second-sighted, and visionary.
3. Philosophical - Of or pertaining to philosophy.
Synonyms: Theoretical, truth – seeking, rational, thoughtful, and dreamy.
4. Phenomenal - Highly extraordinary or prodigious; exceptional.
Synonyms: extraordinary, exceptional, unique, unusual, and rare.
5. Predominant – Having ascendancy, power, authority, or influence over others; preeminent.
Synonyms: Main, major, chief, principal, and prime.
6. Disheveled - Hanging loosely or in disorder; unkempt.
Synonyms: Messy, untidy, scruffy, tousled, and uncombed.
7. Maladjusted - Badly or unsatisfactorily adjusted, especially in relationship to one's social circumstances, environment, etc.
Synonyms: Disturbed, neurotic, unstable, confused, and alienated.
8. Legislative - Having the function of making laws.
9. Perpendicular - Vertical; straight up and down; upright.
Synonyms: At right angles, vertical, upright, at a 90 degree angle, and making a corner.
10. Argumentative - Fond of or given to argument and dispute; disputatious; contentious.
Synonyms: Quarrelsome, confrontational, contrary, belligerent, and aggressive.