Week 3 Term 4
1) Kayaker, Lisa Carrington, is competing in the World Champs for what sport next month?
a) Kayaking (answer)
b) Surf Lifesaving
c) Water skiing
d) Board sailing
2) A British company has discovered a method for making petrol from…
b) Plastic (answer)
c ) Water
3) From November 1st people caught littering could receive a ﬁne of up to how much?
b) $100 (answer)
4) Where is this photo taken?
a) Olympic Stadium
b) The Colosseum
c) The Wailing Wall
d) Mecca (answer)
5) Which All Black legend died last week?
a) Sir Colin Meads
b) Sir Wilson Whineray
c) George Nepia (answer)
d) Sir Fred Allen
6) A small tornado hit which West Coast town last week?
b) Stillwater (answer)
7) What is the name of this movie?
b) The Monsters
c) Frankenweenie (answer)
d) Scary Story
8) To get money from a soup company, a man lied by claiming he found what in his tin of soup?
a) A spider (answer)
b) A piece of glass
c) A false ﬁngernail
d) A syringe
9) M&M’s have made headlines recently because…
a) They were voted the world’s most popular sweet
b) There are plans to introduce striped M&M’s
c) Waste products from an M&M factory have turned bees’ honey blue and green
d) 20 million M&M’s went rolling down a hill after an M&M truck crashed (answer)
10) Where was the Triathlon World Series Grand Final held last week?
a) Sydney (answer)