Sunday, 28 October 2012
History of Halloween.pdf
1. Who were the first people to begin celebrating Halloween?
2. What were 3 of the traditions of the Samhain Festival?
3. What animals were considered evil in medieval times?
4. What were people offered if they prayed for others’ dead relatives?
5. A Jack-o-lantern is made from a pumpkin. In Europe it was originally made from what vegetable?
6. In Mexico, what do people do to their homes to honour the dead?
2. November 1 is set aside to honour dead children, and November 2 to honour those who died as adults.