1.What political beliefs did…
a) East Germany have? (Answer)
b) West Germany have?
2. Who was responsible for the construction of the Berlin Wall?
During the 1950’s many people living in Eastern Germany wanted to experience the freedom of living in the West.
3. How long was the Berlin Wall?
Berlin Wall began in 1961.
4. What were some of the measures taken to stop people escaping over the Wall?
Kennedy visited Berlin to show America's support for those blocked in by the Wall and to argue that the Wall should be taken down.
5. In what year did the Berlin Wall come down?
The country that had been divided
in two was able to resolve most of its political differences
and became united on October 3, 1990.
6. Following World War II, which of these
countries were communist?